Epic drama! Isaac s transfer timeline: July s training strikes and breaks out in August, and it has lasted for more than a month

Sports 11:37am, 20 August 2025 55
Early this morning, Isaac social media posted a message, saying that Niu Newka's promises were not fulfilled and his trust was broken, and this relationship could not continue. Subsequently, Newcastle responded: He never promised Isaac to leave the team this summer, and made it clear that the transfer conditions had not been met. Looking back at the timeline of Isaac's transfer this summer, this matter starts with Liverpool's informal contact with Isaac more than a month ago.

Isaac transfer timeline:

July 15: Liverpool was told that Isaac was not a seller this summer. After having informal contact with Newcastle but was rejected, the Reds turned to bid for Ekitic with Newcastle.

July 19: Eddie Howe revealed after the game against the Celtics that Isaac went to Glasgow with the team, but he left the main force because "the player was caught in transfer rumors".

July 23: Liverpool defeated Newcastle to sign Ekitic, and the Magpies have previously missed Drapp and Joao Pedro (both of which joined Chelsea).

July 24: Isaac missed Newcastle's Asian tour list due to "slight thigh strain". The club official said he stayed in the team for treatment.

July 24: Subsequent news revealed that Isaac has informed Newcastle that he hopes to explore the transfer possibility (a reporter started reporting that he only wanted to go to Liverpool).

July 31: Isaac trains alone at his old boss, Real Sociedad.

August 1: Newcastle rejects a formal offer of Liverpool's £110 million + additional terms.

August 2: Newcastle submitted a nearly £70 million offer to Leipzig for Sesco. Isaac ended his personal training in Spain that day and returned to Newcastle.

August 4: Isaac returned to Newcastle training base after several days, but always trained separately from his teammates.

August 4: Newcastle raises its offer to Sesco and starts a battle with Manchester United.

August 8: Coach Eddie Howe said after Isaac missed the Espanyol friendly match, "We hope Isaac will return to the team."

August 9: Manchester United beat Newcastle to sign Cesco, although the offer is lower than Newcastle.

August 16: Isaac missed the first round of the Premier League match against Villa, Eddie Hao said that "the door to return is always open."

August 19: Isaac absent from the PFA awards ceremony and accused Newcastle of breaking his promise through a social media statement, saying that "a breakup is the best choice for both parties."

August 19: Newcastle issued a statement denied his promise to leave the team and said that he was welcome to return to the team for training at any time.

To be continued...